Time Entry for Nonexempt Staff and Students
All nonexempt employees report their time electronically through Web Time Entry (WTE) in ESTHER > Employee > Web Time Sheet (for Nonexempt Employees)*.
- Report all hours worked on the actual date worked.
- Round hours to the nearest quarter hour.
- Employees must submit timesheets by 11 a.m. on the Monday following the 2-week pay period.
- Approvers must approve timesheets by 5 p.m. on the Monday following the 2-week pay period.
*BRC, FE&P, H&D staff use the department's time-keeping system. Staff should refer to their departments for time-reporting instructions.
Changes to Previously Reported Time
Nonexempt employees who have changes to an already submitted WTE timesheet should follow these steps:
- Print the appropriate WTE timesheet.
- Make the necessary adjustments.
- Date/initial the WTE timesheet with changes (both the employee and approver).
- Department submits the revised timesheet to email@example.com, preferably with a TIMESHEET REVISION subject.
- All revised WTE timesheets will be paid on the next pay cycle after Payroll receives the timesheet(s).
Missed Time Reporting
Nonexempt employees who did not report time for a pay period(s) should follow these steps:
- Complete a paper timesheet(s) and report hours for each applicable 2-week pay period.
- Timesheet(s) will require supervisor and/or department administrator approval.
- Department submits the paper timesheet(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably with a TIMESHEET subject.
- All paper timesheets will be paid on the next pay cycle after Payroll receives the timesheet(s).