Rice University partners with suppliers to provide goods and/or services. Suppliers are both business and individuals who are actively engaged in business with the University or are being considered for various opportunities around campus. The Rice University Procure to Pay Department requires all active suppliers to register, upon invitation, in the Rice University supplier portal.
Rules for Suppliers
If you have been identified by the Rice University Procure to Pay (P2P) Department as a prospective supplier, you will receive an email inviting you to register your company in our new supplier portal. The invitation contains a link that allows you to form a unique login ID and password that preserves your data in our system and allows you to update it at your convenience in order to maintain the most up-to-date information possible. Please remember, employees contacting you and soliciting quotes are not permitted to invite you to register nor can they register your company on your behalf. Only the P2P Department can issue invitations after an internal vetting process occurs. Your patience is appreciated.
As a prospective supplier it is important to understand how Rice University conducts business with its suppliers. Below are links to information that all suppliers must review and agree to comply with before being issued an invitation to register in our supplier portal.
Rice University Standard Terms & Conditions
Conflict of Interest Policy
Code of Conduct
Download W-9 or W-8 Forms
New Supplier Registration Job Aid
Rice University is proud and honored that you are one of our valued supplier partner. Thank you for your diligence and we look forward to doing business together. Please take the time to manage your information at our supplier portal as required (change of address, change in points of contact, etc.) as this is our link to you as a supplier partner and it is vital to keep information current. A current supplier at Rice University will be kept live in our system until there are no transactions registered for a period of thirteen months. If a supplier is removed for our system, they will be required to re-register if a new demand for their goods and/or services is presented to the P2P Department.
The Supplier Portal
The Rice University Supplier Portal is a new and secure way for active suppliers to register and maintain their own information in order to efficiently conduct business with the University.
- Invited Suppliers will receive an emailed invitation with a link with a temporary a user ID and password that permits the supplier to register and input specific information into our portal to allow the University to have the most current supplier information on hand when creating transactions such as purchase orders and processing payments.
- Suppliers who do NOT have an active account and are not being actively considered for opportunities may NOT petition Rice University to be included in the supplier database. Only active suppliers and those identified by the P2P department and pre-qualified will be invited to register.
- Rice University does not retain a “vendor list” nor does it pre-qualify suppliers without a specific opportunity being posted and a supplier responding to a solicitation.
How do Rice departments request a supplier be added to iO?
All suppliers will be required to manage their own supplier profiles in iO. Further details on that process can be found below under "Prospective Suppliers".
Departments will not be sending suppliers to the portal, but will submit a HCM/FIN Help Desk service request to the Supplier Registration/Activation category to initiate a supplier adoption. Once Procure to Pay receives the request, we will reach out to the suppliers with their login information and a link to the information listed below, which includes Job Aids on how to manage and complete the portal.
You will be required to include the following information:
- Supplier’s Contact Name:
- Supplier Contact E-mail:
- Supplier Contact Phone #:
- Supplier Company Name:
- Brief Description of Goods/Services (i.e. software, type of service, etc.):
- Rice Department:
- Estimated Annual Spend:
- Estimated Annual Document Count:
***Please note that the HCM/FIN Help Desk is only open to Rice University users. ***